Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

Where's the Beef, Delatron?! Pt 1: Words courtesy of Kimberley Harris

Delyn has asked me to write a few words to help introduce the world to the girl we know and love.

Several critics write off ‘blogging’ as a self obsessed, pointless waste of time- but when your friends develop extremely busy lives, it can serve as a vital tool for keeping in touch. I’ve learnt more about Rhi (
http://the-mixxture.blogspot.com/) in the last year than I have in the last five.

So here it is:
There are very few people in this world that I would quantify amongst my ‘best friends’, the fact is; even though I have lots of ‘friends’, most people annoy the hell out of me. We can spend months apart, but within three minutes of catching up its like old times and when I say ‘old times’, I’m referring to the art room antics of four extremely nerdy teenagers. A shared love for creativity is a bond that never will be broken.

So what are Delyn’s other qualities?
First and foremost, It is rare in this world to find anyone that can truly be described as selfless and if I were to nominate anyone of my friends for this title; it would have to be Delyn. She’ll do absolutely anything for you.


'Totally unique', she never puts out any pretense and what you see is definitely what you get.

‘The sensible one’. She’ll undoubtedly hate me for saying it, but she’s one of the most organised and most reliable people I know.


'A comedian'.

..... and finally, the polar opposite of me, but that seems to make for a solid friendship.

One of the things that has made me smile the most over the past year, is that Delyn has fought through some bad times and re-emerged to join me and Rhi on our routine Sunday outings, more formally known as ‘Sunday Club’. 
 

Never fall off the radar again! because we both missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment